[Blind-international-students] This week on Eyes On Success: College Student and Paralympic

BlueSkies BlueSkies11 at torpey.info
Wed May 23 03:30:49 UTC 2018

IMPORTANT NOTE: Now you can listen to Eyes On Success on your Alexa or
Google Smart Home device by saying "play Eyes On Success podcast"!  We hope
you enjoy this new feature and share it with your friends.

This week on Eyes On Success:

1821 College Student and Paralympic Athlete (May 23, 2018)

We talked previously with Staci Mannella about competitive skiing and what
it was like to participate in the Paralympics in both Sochi and PyeongChang.
Now hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Staci about what it takes to
succeed as a visually impaired college student while travelling the world to
compete in alpine skiing and how she juggled the two.

If you'd like to listen to the previous episode in which we talked with
Staci about her participation in the Paralympics, here it is:

1816 Alpine Skiing in the PyeongChang Paralympics (Apr. 18, 2018)

When you strive to be the best in the world it takes a lot of hard work and
dedication. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Staci Mannella who
recently competed in four Alpine Skiing events at the PyeongChang Paralympic
Games. Staci talks about how she compensates for her visual limitations,
prepared for the competition, and experienced the event.

As usual, the audio and show notes can be found at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net

and the podcast can be found on iTunes.

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with vision loss.

Find out more about the show and get links to past episodes at:

        <http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/> www.EyesOnSuccess.net

Find the podcast on iTunes or use the URL:

        <http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/eos_podcast>
www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

        <http://www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess>
www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

        <http://www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess>
www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

        <http://www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess>
www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the announcements-only list by sending an e-mail to:

        <mailto:EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com>
EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

Subscribe to the listener discussion group by sending an e-mail to:

        <mailto:EOS_discuss+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com>
EOS_discuss+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

Send suggestions or comments to:

       <mailto:hosts at EyesOnSuccess.net> hosts at EyesOnSuccess.net