[Blind-International-Students] [jaws-uk] Re: [jaws-up] Thank you and starting general computer list

Mostafa Almahdy mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sat May 30 21:29:52 UTC 2020

Well, thank you Graham, Robin and others. Graham, I am aware of the
two lists you mentioned. Nonetheless, they’re not active as to my
humble knowledge. Well, I would like someone else to create this list
because I am not sufficiently adequate to preside such thing. As you
may have noticed subsequent to my recent incident, my computer
knowledge is quite limited. I thence wish to designate this task to
someone who is more qualified. So, if posting off topic here is
somewhat okay, kindly excuse me, I have some questions. Based on my
recent experience, how could a screen reader user access safe mode? As
my friend launched it yesterday, I caught that even Narrator doesn’t
operate there. Does it run on dos? And if so, how could we access
this, if we needed to? I read about diagnostic mode and fathomed, that
it allows basic elements to run and disables major features.
Strangely, why would someone need to run on such primitive mode? I
apologise again for posting about irrelevant subjects here. We just
couldn’t cope without learning something new, everyday. As I write
this, I relentlessly recall further issues. Concerning Avast, I
noticed that its latest built has got zero screen reader friendly
interface. What’s the best alternative then? I halted being a Jaws
user almost a year ago. I can’t afford to upgrade and moreover, I have
plenty of priorities to spend such substantial amount of cash on.
Well, I do not destine to be impolite, but as of you who could afford
Jaws, how could you still be able to manage paying for such expensive
licence and concurrently, grapple with regular life primeval expenses?
And, how are you folks getting on during lockdown period? I personally
began to feel quite tedious. Therefore, I constantly urge myself to
develop new skills, to lift my spirit a bit. Is it true, that in the
UK, they intend to ease internment restrictions this week? Here in
Egypt, unfortunately, our curve has risen to its peak with people
behaving carelessly. That’s insane and, the circle of positively
tested individuals gets closer to me everyday. I pray to Allah, to
help us overcome this stern ordeal. Thank you for reading, best
wishes, Mustafa