[Blind-rollers] cooking and carrying things

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sun Aug 2 16:14:21 UTC 2009

There are trays you can buy.  I don't know if any of them will safely
transport a hot item off the stove.  Edward is one cool man.  He will help.
Tell him hello from Me.  I miss you both on the doggie den list we were all
on, hugs.

Does he still have his shepherd?

b.butterfly at comcast.net

If you and Edward  want to talk off list.

I sent the tray recommended to me back.  It looked like the one sided desk
we had in school. I felt to crowded.  I have the arms that go under tables,
which I love, but is not good for this type of tray, at least for me, smile.

In my case my stove is on the east wall and my sink is on the south wall in
my kitchen.  There is a counter that I could slide a hot pan down to get to
the sink.  My husband just does the lifting.

In your case with Edward being guided by his dog guide, I don't think you
can do sighted guide. My husband and I tried a belt, but for us it did not
work well.  Your cane and Edward somehow working out a method to stay
together creatively is all I can think of.  You should be able to get
attendant care to help you with cooking, lawdry, shopping etc.  Your VR
Counselor should be able to get you those resources in your area.

Good to finally put together where I knew your name from, hugs.

Becky and dog guide Jake