[Blind-rollers] wheelchair users

dianesapiro at bellsouth.net dianesapiro at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 10 14:45:28 UTC 2009

Would anyone or everyone PLEASE respond!!!

We are trying to get a power chair for my daughter, Dani, who is totally blind.  She navigates very well with her cane and has applied for a service dog.  Florida State  persons that determine if she is eligible are denying her.......they do not think it is feasible for blind persons to use power chairs.........we sent a video to prove she had no problems around her apartment building and the hospital where she was attending school....they still do not think it is safe.  PLEASE help!

Sincerely,  Diane Sapiro