[Blind-rollers] New Member and Question

Sasha Ayres sashaallears at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 19:27:02 UTC 2010

Hello Jewel,

I am sorry I don't have any suggestions of how you can carry your bag and use a support cane in one hand and white cane in the other. It'd be nice to have an extra hand or two wouldn't it? :)

I understand your reluctance to use a wheelchair but it can be a liberating experience! Carrying heavy things in a power wheelchair is a breeze and you don't have to worry about whether somewhere is too far for you to walk.

I use a cane and a Miniguide from my power chair. O&M from a wheelchair is different but it isn't too hard. Like Erica, I am in the UK and couldn't get any training so have had to work it out for myself, which isn't ideal but I've done it.

If you could go to the Louisiana centre that would be great for you. I hear so much about it and it sounds excellent.

I am sorry I can't help more but wish you good luck!

Sasha