[Blind-rollers] For anyone in the UK

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 15:42:19 UTC 2010

it's interesting to persons outside the UK as well, even if not directly
impacted.
As a step toward bridging the gap between 2 opposing opinions, perhaps you
can come up with mobility training for visually impaired persons using a
power chair.  I mean, I kind of agree that the walking public is not
altogether safe when someone is driving full speed in a power chair and hits
them from behind.  You have your own method of travel with mobility aids
that prevent collisions.  If they are trying to ban all visually impaired
persons from having and using power chairs, perhaps the alternative is to
require training mobility training, and then have ready a description of
effective cane travel in a power chair and how it is done.
It's just a thought.
Good luck.
--le