[Blind-rollers] Happy New Year

Kerry Thompson kethompson1964 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 20:34:47 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Welcome, Jackie!

Early in December, my sister, another able bodied friend and I went to a
concert at the Calvin Theater in Northampton, Mass. The concert, by
Chris Issak, was very good. The point at the moment, though, is that the
Calvin is completely wheelchair accessible. They gave us a steep
discount for me and a discount for one additional ticket. Of course, the
Calvin is a small venue (if I remember right, it seats about 1,200).
Also, Northampton is a very progressive town. Still, this is a great
precedent for a theater to set. I wish all theaters would do the same.

The cinaplex my friend and I go to used to give a discount to disabled
patrons, but they stopped doing that several months ago. I don't know if
they changed ownership or management, or what. getting rid of the
discount sure was a bad PR move though.

Anyway, I hope everyone on this list has a happy, healthy and safe 2011.

Solidarity and Peace,
Kerry