[Blind-rollers] Facebook training

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 19:24:24 UTC 2012

Announcing the Facebook Trainers Team

The Communications Committee of the National Federation of the Blind,
chaired by Robert Leslie Newman, has launched an initiative to get all
Federation entities-affiliates, chapters, divisions, etc.-to establish a
presence on Facebook. To support this initiative, we have established a
Facebook Trainers Team.

The Facebook Trainers Team exists to train Federation leaders to harness the
power of Facebook to further the work of our individual entities and thus
the Federation as a whole.

Facebook is useful for:
§  Reaching out to new members through a searchable online presence,
outreach, §  Getting a positive message about blindness out to the community
quickly with pictures and multimedia files, §  Allowing for open,
free-flowing discussion between members outside meetings,

§  Sharing important information efficiently with your board and members,

and much, much more.

We recommend establishing Facebook groups, but we are also willing and able
to support the development of Facebook pages. We are happy to advise you on
your best option.

If you are interested in establishing a Facebook presence for your
affiliate, chapter, division, etc., or, if you are interested in joining the
Facebook Trainers Team, please contact Robert Leslie Newman at
<newmanrl at cox.net>.

We would love to train you in this simple, quick, and easy way to further
our work in the Federation.

The Facebook Trainers Team