[Blind-rollers] discrimination

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 09:39:44 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Once again, I'm having to battle with Colorado Regional HUD (Housing Urban Development's) office.
Last time, it was in regards of service dogs where they claimed I couldn't have two service dogs in my apartment.
This time, it involves that I use a power wheelchair.
CORHUD (Colorado Regional Housing Urban Development) claims they have a policy when it comes to those who use power chairs, stating that if any damage is done, there will be a charge.
Although I've had a few minor incidents, I was willing to admit to staff here in my apartment complex and let them know where things occured.
Type of incident is accidentally scraping of some pain on the wall near my apartment and other places, but thankfully, no large holes through the walls directly.
I keep my power chair along the wall just outtside the living room and bathroom.
A surprise inspection came up and disgustedly, no notice was put on my office clip near my front door.
Here comes the rediculous part.
Since CORHUD claims that because I'm totally blind and use a power chair, they expect that I have my husband Dale with me all the time in the building.
I have filed a discrimination complaint with First Fair Housing and notified the Colorado Cross Disability Coalision.
Another smart part is my husband Dale contacted U.S. HUD to request a publication to see further if the original house rules include the motorized power chair policy.
If Dale and I could, we'be be packed up and moved out of our place in a flash, but sadly, not the case since money doesn't grow on trees.
More than likely if CORHUD keeps harassing me, I'll most likely take them to court.
It wouldn't be about money, but moreover, how they discriminate towards people and mainly, they don't properly keep the building maintained, proper working elevators and outtside sliding doors.
As for my power chair, the charger plug has to be plugged into a regular wall outlet and not on a power surge protector or an extention cord or else, a power shortage would happen.
Another plan I have is to email my friend Julie Risken, the Executive Director with CCDC (Colorado Cross Disability Coalition) as I'd so much love to show her the so-called motorized wheelchair policy.
I guess what hurts me the most is that when sighted individuals that use wheelchairs who live in my apartment complex have accidentally hit walls or don't get fingers pointed at them.
Sorry for the rambling you'alls, but just had to bent and get this stress off my chest.
On a positive not however:
Dale, Odie and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Day.
I'll be going to my aunt and uncle's home later on to enjoy a scrunctious meal.
Dale is going and so will Odie.
I'm sure Odie would love some of the turkey, but that's not going to happen.
Instead, he'll just enjoy his own doggy food which is healthier for him anyway.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labrawolf