[Blind-rollers] wheelchair meeting

Criminaljusticemajor Extraordinarie orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 05:14:10 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Well, I was supposed to attend a town hall wheelchair community meeting tomorrow, but due to the major snow storm that hit us, Colorado Cross Disability Coalission has rescheduled it to May 21st, 2013.
I would have loved to go, but due to the  amount of things I'm dealing with right now, I would have had to postpone anyway.
I'm happy they have rescheduled it as I wanted to be apart of that meeting.
My goal was to originally share what it is like being totally blind and using a power wheelchair.
I was also hoping that by sharing my experiences, I would be able to give an opinion on how  power wheelchairs can be safer for those that are blind, legally blind and have full vision.
I have also encouraged O&M instructors from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation to be there as well in the hopes they will be able to learn more from other wheelchair clients.
The current mobility instructor I have now is still new to DVR and I'm her second blind client.
I will definitely attend that meeting on its rescheduled day and if I do have a chance, will post something here.
I appreciate you'alls suppport and will continue my recovery process.
*Smiles*
Sincerely:
Bibi and the sad son Odie