[Blind-rollers] Walkers and White Canes

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 00:00:54 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
I have used my white cane with a walker before and it can be doable, depending on the type of walker you choose from.
I have one that has air brakes that I can lock off and the piece that my back can rest upon can be pulled upwards towards me so while I have my cane in my right hand, I can rest my left hand on the piece that moves up and down.
Although a walker was great for me during times when I found it essential, it got to the point of where a power chair would have to do.
Speaking of my crazy walker, I hope the weather will settle down so I can eventually get it out to National Medical Supply where they can fix the brake that is jammed.
Bibi