[Blind-rollers] Totally blind power chair users

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue May 21 13:03:54 UTC 2013

Hi, David,
I did forget to mention in my last reply that I have a control with four buttons on my chair and a joystick.
I will admit my power chair actually got stuck on a ridge near a set of railroad tracks one time out in the city of Sheridan last year.
I had to get out of it so my husband could get it unstuck.
Another good thing is my chair does have wings that can allow it to be put into manual mode, especially if an emergency situation were to arise.
They came in handy a couple months ago, right around the end of March.
I was in the urgent care clenic getting my left ear treated.
The fire alarm twnet off a couple of times.
Odie, my medical alert service dog whose also a retired guide dog started to panic as he knew if the alarm went off for a third time, I would have a convulsive grandmal seizure.
As I was out in the main corridor getting ready to leave, the fire alarm went off a third time and the grandmal seizure did happen.
Luckily, I was able to get the hurse who was assisting me to help me get out of their quickly.
I gave her the instructions on how to put my chair into manual mode and she was able to push me out fast.
Once I got away from the noise of the fire alarm, the seizure did stop and I safely made it the rest of the way home without further incident.
I, too feel that Penny's client will excel further than what some may say.
Sincerely:
Bibi and son Odie