[Blind-rollers] dogs and power chairs

Charlotte sirius_black at comcast.net
Wed Nov 13 03:16:26 UTC 2013

It is crazy that they don't offer that service. And the places that do
service dogs for mobility don't want anything to do with any part of the
guide aspect.

On 11/12/2013 4:07 PM, Becky Frankeberger wrote:
> Ug, don't the schools know we want to live a full life.  You can't do that if you are restricted.  The only schools I am aware of that do the dogs that guide wheelchairs is: Guide dogs for the Blind, Kansus school (which name escapes me) Southeastern. Seems to me the other schools you have to be a grad of their school.
>
> Does anyone have a better more up to date list?
>
> In 2004, I think it was, I had a long conversation with the director of Paws with a Cause.  He had just hired two guide dog instructors to teach dogs how to guide wheelchairs, manual in this case.  I was jumping up and down as transportation is more limited if you are in a power chair.  Whatever happened to the program, I don't know.
>
> Becky and the dog with the power paws, Jake

Visit my shop for a sampling of handmade jewelry, bath products, and more.
Click here.
HTTP://WWW.ETSY.COM/SHOP/SCENTSGEMSNMORE

Let me be your personal Avon E-Rep. Visit my website for all your Avon needs.
Click here.
HTTP://WWW.YOURAVON.COM/CHARLOTTELANG

If you love wonderful smelling candles and jewelry, visit for a great selection.
Click here.
HTTP://WWW.JEWELRYINCANDLES.COM/STORE/CHARLOTTELANG

View photos of my work or send me a friend request. Visit scentsgemsnmore.facebook.com
If you're a crafter looking to advertise your wares, or you wish to buy handcrafted products, send a blank email to HandmadeSellNTrade-subscribe at yahoogroups.com