[Blind-rollers] broken down power chair

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 8 03:43:42 UTC 2014

Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
I know it's been a while since I last wrote, but felt I didn't have a lot to contribute to the group.
Well... My power chair broke down on me while I was out and about yesterday.
I knew for a fact I had the batteries fully charged and they were good.
The mechanic had to come to the location I was broken down out and quickly spoted the problem.
I ended up having a falty motor wire that was coming apart.
He put some tape on it for the time being until I was able to get home.
So tomorrow, the mechanic will be picking up my power wheelchair to take to the shop for immediately repair and hopefully, they will have a loaner one for me to use.
I'll miss my quantum 610 for a while as I really enjoy using it for stayin independent.
Still, I'm thankful it will be getting fixed and eventually, I'll have it back soon.
One thing I do hope is that my gel batteries don't get removed as they are way better than the ones that end up being put into the chair as battery replacements.
I hope I don't sound like a whiner, just really needed to bent so the frustration would leave me.
I ended up taking a good nap earlier this evening, but hope I can get back to sleep so I will be ready for tomorrow.
I will need some aditional instructions with the loaner chair so I know what to do and where things are.
Bibi and MAR son Odie