[Blind-rollers] wheelchairs and Gateway Arch in Saint Luis, MO?

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 16:22:57 UTC 2014

Bibi we were there several years ago. Yes you can get into the building,
hear descriptions and history of the arch. But I can assure you there are no
picture windows at the top of the arch. In fact you have to Neal on a bench
to see out the tiny windows. We went in the summer and it was horribly hot,
horribly confining in the pods going up, horribly hot and cramped when you
reach the top. It is though a beautiful structure and I found a place to
touch the actual metal outside of the arch itself. The park leading to the
arch is lovely.

Oh, just to add,  to me it smelled moldy in the arch part i.e. riding in the
pods and in the little room where the look out windows are. I think the
windows were close to six inches by twelve inches.

Go to the Bush Brewing Company. It is fascinating the tour. You obviously do
not have to drink.   . Worth the money for such a long lovely tour, and you
get to see the horses and tour the barn, as well as hear how beer is made. I
had no idea there was such a detailed process, and the equipment they use is
huge. It is easily done in your power chair.

The City Museum, don't know the formal name, is a wondrous place to go. But
get a dosen as a tour guide. The Museum provides them free.

For one of the best steaks you will ever eat, go to Mike Shannon's. Very
pricy, but amazing steaks. Did I say pricy, oh yes mam.

I love St. Louis. When I talk about one of my very favorite places we
traveled, St. Louis is very high on that list.

Becky and insistant Jake