[Blind-rollers] beginning recovery process

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 26 10:10:53 UTC 2015

Hi, all,
Subs says it all.
It's a pain having to move around while left foot is casted up, but I know I'll survive as I have to do it for myself.
Yesterday morning, I did some practicing in a manual chair to go down and check my mail box.
It was a challenge, but I still managed anyway.
I'm now using a scooter that almost resembles a ski bicycle, but it has four wheels with a bike like handle bar and a basket to carry small things in.
I still will be bowling this year, but will have to do it with a manual wheelchair as Crown Lanes is an older grandfathered building.
Not much can be done to it to be fully wheelchair accessible.
I can't complain too much as I'm glad my blind bowlers league allows those who must use a walker or wheelchair daily to be apart of it.
I have some friends taking care of Odie for me while I go through a six weeks recovery with the cast.
Honestly, I had no idea being blind and breaking a limb would be tough, but I can't feel sorry for myself as it happens to all of us.
Bibi and MAR son Odie