[Blind-rollers] hit by a car

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 4 05:11:35 UTC 2015

Hi, all,
Story is true along with the subject line.
As odie and I were making our way out of the parking lot of where the Super Wal-Mart on down toward Dayton Street, a car suddenly came barreling around the corner making a right turn way too fast.
The car clipped the fender that covers the right drive wheel I also felt the vehicle brush my right arm.
I was jerked off to the left hand side, but thankfully, I wasn't knocked down or hurt worse.
I ended up having to call 9 1 1 on my cel phone and the Aurora fire department and an ambulance arrived quickly.
Odie and I were loaded in, but the concern came up on how to transport my power wheelchair to the hospital.
The fire department and paramedics decided to give it a try by collapsing the back seat of my chair into the part I would sit on.
They managed to get it inside the ambulance and we had no problem.
I went for X-Rays and later on, a TC scan with a blood draw.
By the time they finished up, it was late and no more wheelchair accessible ambulances were running.
So, Odie and I had to stay the night in the emergency room.
I slept off and on throughout the night and the nurse came into give me a dose of my seizure medicine.
Around 6:00 AM, Odie and I woke up and our nurse came in to tell us the WCA was on the way to pick us home.
Odie and I arrived home a little after 7:00 AM.
During the incident yesterday while I was in the emergency room, a police officer came into the room to take a report from me.
unfortunately, my power chair is now damaged, but still runs.
It just doesn't stear properly.
I'll say that I was thankful that the father in the skies was watching out for me.
Bibi and MAR son Odie