[Blind-rollers] Power Wheelchairs and Blind People

Joshua Gregory joshtgreg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:49:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

My name is Joshua Gregory. I am blind and have Cerebral Palsy, so am
in a wheelchair. I currently use a manual chair, however am probably
going to need a new one soon, so I'm wondering about the efficiency of
a power chair for a blind person? If any blind people here use one,
what benefits do you see, what challenges do you encounter as compared
to a manual setup? Is any special equipment needed to navigate, such
as a cane?

Thanks very much, I greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Joshua