[Blind-Rollers] the test

maureensmusic at comcast.net maureensmusic at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 02:18:06 UTC 2020

Hi Jane
The thing is Scott has great ideas but I found that the system (wheelchair vendor) won't go along with them. Specifically, one of the things that came up when he and I were working is that I push the off button on my chair and my old wheelchair would give a little beep when the chair went off. This doesn't do that and I can't tell you how many times I have thought I was off and it turned out I was on. I have to test the joy stick to make sure I'm off, but I consider it a safety issue because several times my coat sleeve or something else has bumped my chair when I thought I was off and I start moving and my chair has been inadvertently been driven by my mobility assist dog, my coat, someone close to me. Scott could see the problem and said, "it would be no problem to make the chair a bit more audible." But the vendor said that would be custom design and they won't do that because if something than breaks its too hard to fix. Sorry this got so long.
Maureen