[Blind-Rollers] the test

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 20:05:33 UTC 2020

One thing I really appreciated, wel several things, Tanner made me feel
right at home with his kick back attitude. Tanner is from the company
supplying the chair.  Then the OT came and was equally kick back and helped
me relax. They put me in the chair and talked to me about the controls. He
will fix it so the machine beeps when the power is off, smile. The joy stick
was touchy. They lowered how fast it went and I felt more in control.
Neither had any idea what shore lining was so I explained. They didn't get
it. When they let me shore line, they saw how much more comfortable I was
and shot a video showing me successfully with long came drive up and down my
driveway. I needed help to get in my narrow gate to the deck, but little
help getting in my door, smile. At first they gave me encouragement. Towards
the end when I was at low speed, they were encouraged this could really
work. Lisa wiped the majority of the needles off my wheels and I road into
my kitchen with little problem. Getting out I had to back out. Anyway, they
put me in a mode where I could manually move the chair, and that wasn't to
bad. I liked the back pad on that chair so much better.

Tanner said I can't fly with this new battery. I had to switch to an older
model with the acid battery.  My brother and sister are up there age wise.
The old battery is two pounds heavier, he said. If I try to mail the new
battery to my destination, it would cost a hundred dollars. Guess I have no
choice but to go with the older acid battery, grump. Another thing odd about
the joy stick is, the wheels go whatever way they are facing at first. I am
going left then want to go straight, for a few second the chair goes left. I
threw it into reverse and that seemed to help in a tight place. I think the
T like joy stick might be easier. I kept hitting the wrong side of the stick
at first. Well, anyway, the kinks will come out in the wash, giggle.

Oh that Scot video on youtube was BS. It showed a gal going off the sidewalk
and the hero sighted guy saving her. Her cane was way to long as it probably
skipped over the curb drop. That happened with me, but my shorter cane found
the dip on the side of my driveway and I stopped my movement. My helpers
wanted to know why I stopped the few seconds. I explained, but they never
saw the drop until I pointed it out. Hey whatever.

What do you all think about the day, the battery, impressions you have?

Becky