[Blind-Rollers] Manual Wheelchairs and Cane Use

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Fri Jun 7 16:29:02 UTC 2024

Ellana, Can you have the power drive adjusted so you mainly use your left hand, or non dominant cane hand, so the, in my case right hand is free to use the long white cane freely. They have wheelchairs that one hand is used to propel. Then when you turn both hands can go down to the wheels. I hope you are doing miner obstacle work with this new system, like a chair in a hallway you have to go around.

I like the wheel also. It would be less touchy then the system I have. Also you go straight? Miracle. Yes you have a much better system then mine. But you need that obstacle work with the OT helping you. But they need to get to the point you have to figure it out yourself. I walked down my driveway and my cane tip went off the cement, like a step down. The wheelchair stopped as ai evaluated how to move a bit more to one side without losing the shoreline.

Becky .