[blindkid] introduction

adoptn adoptn at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 05:57:50 UTC 2008

Congratulations on your becoming parents!!  One of my daughters was born in India, and is totally blind due to severe Vitamin A definciency.  She was in Mother Theresa's orphanage, and lived in New Delhi and Culcutta.  We adopted her at 6 years of age.
     Have a wonderful trip!!  I didn't get to travel to pick up our daughter, so I will be anxious to hear all about your trip when you get back.  Do you have any pictures?  You can see my daughter's picture on my website at http://www.adoptn.org/photos2.html Her picture is about 1/2 way down the page, so scroll down to find her...her name is Kirta, and she is now 35 years old.  Wait, that can't be...let's see, yes that is correct, she is 35 years old!!!  She has one teenaged daughter, and lives in Arkansas, so we rarely see her.
Bye for now,
Gloria
http://www.adoptn.org