[blindkid] [blkid] Cell phone for the blind

Amy Ruell aruell at nbp.org
Sun Nov 16 11:57:02 UTC 2008

Hi Mike,
I totally agree!
Amy

-----Original Message-----
From: blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Mike Freeman
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:31 PM
To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [blindkid] [blkid] Cell phone for the blind

i realize that what follows may be a minority opinion on this list. But I
have always thought that using perks such as an exemption from paying for
VoiceDial was a bit of a double-standard. On the one hand, we want blind
people (including our kids) to be treated just like everyone else. Yet on
the other hand, we want special dispensations when they are to our (or our
blind kids') advantage. I use VoiceDial and am perfectly willing to pay for
it.

Just one curmudgen's opinion.

Mike