[blindkid] O&M question

Kathy - Arizona kah-az at cox.net
Fri Nov 21 23:07:17 UTC 2008

I'm not sure this is a typical thing to teach the child so early, but I do
know that the adult students at the Louisiana Center for the Blind have done
this while they're at Mardi Gras.....so I know it's done....both under
Joanne Willson & Pam Allen.  I've even got pictures of them.

I would hope, though, that the O&M instructor is training her in the proper
way to use her cane as Carrie suggested.  Only with learning good cane
travel skills first, will the child feel better about making special
decisions at special times during school.

Kathy
President - POBC - AZ