[blindkid] What do you think?

Pat Chadwick radiowalker at disabilityhistory.org
Sun Oct 26 22:48:32 UTC 2008

Pat,

I agree that the tone of the article was annoying. Even if the parents felt
that way, it should be balanced by an interview with a blind adult. Great
response! Too many articles and radio interviews have this tone. I just
heard an interview on NPR with an author who had written a book about
deafness in which he said, "Deafness is comic, blindness is a tragedy." Ugh
on both point of views. The interviewer said nothing in response to this.

Best, Pat