[blindkid] How to adapt the Candyland game?

Dr. S. Merchant smerchant at vetmed.lsu.edu
Tue Oct 28 17:14:23 UTC 2008

Stephanie,

I will check and see if I still have ours at home.  But, it is really easy
to do.

Use puffy paint to outline the pathway, use the label maker to put the first
letter of each color on the correct space, then do the same to the cards.  I
just used the first letter of the words in the "special" spaces to identify
them like queen frostine, I used QF on the space and on the card.  You can
then make puffy paint dots on the game pieces 1,2,3, or 4 dots to ID the
pieces.  Unfortunately they are pretty light pieces, so if the player bumps
into them in trying to locate the piece on the board, they just fall over
and move off the space.  Never did this, but heavier pieces like solid
Monopoly pieces would stay put better.

Sandy Taboada