[blindkid] buying adaptive technology for home use

Grace Sato gracets at covad.net
Wed Oct 29 08:14:49 UTC 2008

If you've purchased new adaptive technology for home use, please share
your knowledge.

We're in the process of gathering pricing from different vendors and
would like to know a few things:

1.  Is buying a Mountbatten Learning System from Humanware any
better/worse than buying one from anyone else?
2.  Will these vendors negotiate on price? (I'm a negotiator by nature)
3.  Are there any vendors we should avoid (for example due to terrible
customer service)?

Thanks in advance for your insight.
We're excited that we've finally identified a funding resource to tap to
get equipment for home use for our seven year old.

Grace (in California)