[blindkid] buying adaptive technology for home use

Mindy Lipsey mindy_lipsey at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 19:02:20 UTC 2008

In a situation where the student is not allowed to take a piece of equipment home, they should have a duplicate available to them at home.
My son uses a ccTV in school, which he charges in a resource room at night.
He also has a ccTV for homework, which is in our den.
The Victor stream reader is a portable device that he uses at home and in school.

Regarding software, it should be installed on your child's school computer and their home computer as well.

All to be supplied and paid for by the public school system.  My son wouldn't be able to do his homework without these devices.

Mindy Lipsey