[blindkid] IEPs

Andy & Sally Thomas andysally at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 21:32:59 UTC 2009

I looked at the curriculum for 4th grade and asked for goals related to the
blindness skills necessary to complete the goals.  Things like learning JAWS
since the kids were doing a significant amount of computer work.  I also
wanted abacus and slate and stylus goals.  The TVI wanted my son to use a
calculator but Luddite that I am, I keep pushing the abacus.  I know that
many on this list didn't find it necessary for their kids but my son has
benefitted from it.  That's a few ideas.

Sally Thomas