[blindkid] Braille Music question

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Mon Apr 6 17:58:30 UTC 2009

Hi,
     I know many fine musicians who only play by ear.  They memorize the
music in their heads.  They tell folks that I am paper trained, because I
read music.  I wish I could play by ear or memorize music, as I am a
keyboard person.  It sounds like your daughter has a gift for music.  Yes it
would help her, but it doesn't seem to be holding her back.  Just continue
to encourage her love of music and she will want to improve and if she finds
that she need to read braille music, she will.   Anything new we learn can
only help us.
     As a side note, as a parent of a blind child, I am going to learn
braille music so I can at least teach my son when he is a little older.
Right now I have to finish learning contracted Braille.

Blessings,
Sue H.