[blindkid] Cane Travel for 4 year Old

Meng, Debi Meng at sccompanies.com
Thu Dec 17 19:58:36 UTC 2009

Hi all,   I am frequent follower of the list.    I need advice.

We are having a difficult time getting Jonathan to keep his cane on the
ground.   He constantly wants to pound it like a sledgehammer.   He
currently has a ball tip to encourage rolling the cane and that worked
for a while, but now we are back to pounding it again.     We have tried
praise, time outs, etc, all the normal consequences.   Nothing works.

Has anyone had a similar issue and how did you resolve it?

Debi, Grandmother of Jonathan, Age 4, ROP