[blindkid] 4th Grade Math and introduction of technology

Brandy with Discovery Toys branlw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 3 23:39:47 UTC 2009

Hi, As others have said it is important that a blind child do math in
Braille. I did my math on the Braille writer through high school. I did
learn the abacus and used it for some of my math but when other kids had to
show their work so did I. This made a huge difference for me in college. I
was able to understand what professors were doing on the board with out
seeing it. I really think this is because I always did my math in nemith on
the Braille Writer. I think the math window may help especially for learning
concepts. I also didn't get a calculator till my peers did some time in 7 or
8th grade.Good luck. Bran

"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories.
Some take us forward, they're called dreams."
Jeremy Irons

Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Group Manager and Educational Consultant

Shop online any time!
www.playtoachieve.com
(512) 231-8697

Let me know if I can help with any of the following:
* Starting your own Discovery Toys business
* Best buy bundles allow you to shop at a discount year round
* How you can earn toys for free
* Gift baskets for all ages
* Gift certificates
* Office setups and much more