[blindkid] Bookshare webinars FOR PARENTS

Mario Oliveros marioo at Benetech.org
Thu Feb 12 18:59:33 UTC 2009

Hi!

We know many parents on this listserv have signed up their children to
get access to Bookshare.  And many of you are also volunteering to help
build our library collection of digital books.  We know have over
43,000!  Thank you!

For parents who are not familiar with Bookshare, we are holding
Bookshare 101 webinars on February 17, 18, 19 to learn about digital
books, assistive technology and how Bookshare can help your child with
print and learning disabilities read and study independently.
Bookshare, (www.bookshare.org) is the world's largest accessible digital
library for persons with print and learning disabilities.  It provides
FREE membership to qualified U.S. schools and students thanks to an
award from the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Special
Education Programs (OSEP).

Bookshare will hold three webinars by time zone to accommodate parents
and their busy schedules.  You only need to attend one that is most
convenient for you.  Register here:

Eastern Webinar, Tuesday, February 17 at 7PM EST -
https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/schedule/display.do?udc=109foc7fjqwqs

Central Webinar, Wednesday, February 18 at 7PM CST -
https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/schedule/display.do?udc=1j78ymp2wwhwm

Pacific/Mountain Webinar, Thursday, February 17 at 7:30PM PST / 6:30PM
MST - https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/schedule/display.do?udc=t3pb223yarps

Questions or suggestions, please email: parents at bookshare.org

Mario Oliveros

Bookshare