[blindkid] Joli's education

Nelly Gamino gnelly at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:12:39 UTC 2009

Hi Lauren,

my child is also 7 and has the same vision as your daugher (only in one eye and no vision on the other). He also does his homework in print and gets his spelling words enlarged. I can relate to your story about loosing their place when they have to look back and forth at something and how long it can take them to get their sentences done.  Alex has been learning braille too and when he has to do longer stories (like the one you mention) it is sometimes easier for him to do in braille. Is there concern that he migh loose his ability to write in print, well yes, but they have to have an alternative in order to be able to complete the assignments especially if they are not given extra tie. Alex takes his spelling tests in braille too.

Is Joli getting braille instruction?