[blindkid] parents need to learn braille too

Andy & Sally Thomas andysally at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 14:40:32 UTC 2009

Yes, parents can make a big difference for their kids when they know
braille.

We continually found errors in our son's braille which the TVI and school
district would not acknowledge.  After 3 years of "discussion" with them
denying a problem existed, I created a PowerPoint presentation of the errors
in the homework alone.  After 88 pages of documentation and still no change,
we filed a complaint with the Texas Education Agency.  The braille my son
receives now is of much higher quality.

Sally Thomas