[blindkid] Compass Suggestions

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Jan 20 03:20:13 UTC 2009

I used a braille compass as a kid; I had to hold it flat and steady in
the palm of my hand and let the needle settle down; the needle could be
locked in place to observe.

However, it isn't nearly as easy to use as is the talking compass from
the NFB's Independence Market; it's rather expensive for a compass but I
like it.

Mike