[blindkid] Ben Underwood dies at age 16

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:27:07 UTC 2009

Mindy,
Thanks for telling us. How very sad, I had no idea.
Cane or no cane-He was treated and expected by his mother to do all normal
things, he cooked, he skated, rode bike, played video games-I am filled with
sorrow that his life was so short, but in the life he did have I am glad he
had such joy and experienced much of it to the fullest. He seemed like such
a bright animated kid-I can't imagine how heart broken his mother must be.
My heart and prayers go out for her.

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc