[blindkid] Leaving classes early

Mark Feliz felizfamily5 at msn.com
Sun Jan 25 17:42:45 UTC 2009

Hello Kim:

I am very pleased you chose to post your comments. Your daughter's situation
shows that there always are exceptions to the rule. I do worry about your
daughter's health carrying such a heavy load. Has she thought about using a
rolling backpack? Although they are not very common at the junior and high
schools where I teach I do see them used by both blind and sighted students.
Also, does your daughter completely shut down her laptop at the end of
class? If she does she may want to try putting it into sleep mode instead.
This will allow for a quicker startup in her next class.

Have a great rest of the school year.

Mark F.

Mark Feliz

HAPPY DOTS BRAILLE SERVICES

First Vice-PRESIDENT, NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF ARIZONA
EAST VALLEY CHAPTER

1038 WEST HILLVIEW STREET
MESA, ARIZONA  85201

VOICE: 480-890-8943