[blindkid] Playground Strategies for Kindergarten

Brad/Jill Weatherd snowedin at union-tel.com
Mon Jan 26 00:39:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

My daughter was just reminding me of what was done to help her when she was
in kindergarten on the playground.  Her teacher would remind the kids to
announce what they were doing periodically.  She said they would just shout
"Hannah, we're playing in the sandbox!", etc.  She said the most helpful
thing was when I would send toys with her that she could take outside.  She
would take a little backpack with dolls and pretty soon all of the little
girls would gather around and start playing with her.  We also send some
sand toys (buckets, shovels, sand molds, etc.).  Hope this helps!  Jill