[blindkid] Playground strategies for low-vision 5 yr. old

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Mon Jan 26 03:23:42 UTC 2009

A few things that worked when Serena was young--she brought in a Zoom
ball--don't know if they're around any more but they were fun.  Also,
a beep ball and a jump rope with beads on it.  We taught her how to
play the games that other kids were playing, such as what was called
Chinese jumprope and the various hand clapping games.  When she was
in 3rd grade or so, the kids starting organizing kickball
games.  This became a great thing, because it was easy to include a
blind kid.
Carol