[blindkid] NBP-Announce: KIDS: Berenstain Bears in print/braille format

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Wed Jun 10 00:45:32 UTC 2009

The Berenstain Bears and the Truth
by Stan & Jan Berenstain
June 2009 Book Club Selection
Print/braille edition (contracted braille), $5.00
Ages 4-8

When Brother and Sister Bear accidentally break Mama's favorite lamp,
their little lie grows bigger and bigger, until it becomes the biggest
whopper ever told in Bear Country! Finally, Papa Bear helps them find
the words that set everything right again.

"When my 4-year old daughter started lying constantly we tried
everything - lectures, books from the library about lying, loss of
privileges, etc. When I found this book and read it to her, it was like
a light bulb went off in her head. She finally understood and the lying
stopped almost overnight. I'd recommend this book to any parent having
trouble with a young child telling lies." - C. Kwan

"Especially appealing was the end, where the cubs learn that mother is
more concerned with their honesty than their accidents. The message is
that we don't need to be perfect, but we do need to tell the truth." -
from Amazon.com

Order the book here:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC0906-TRUTH.html

If you like this book, you may also like:

Just So Thankful, by Mercer Mayer
Print/braille edition (contracted braille, with skiplines), $5.00
Ages 4-8
Read about this book here:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC1008-THANK.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .