[blindkid] Orion TI 36x talking calculator question

Andy & Sally Thomas andysally at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 16:14:04 UTC 2009

David Thomas has this talking calculator, it is about two years old.  We
have not used it much, as we have tried to take the abacus and "math think"
as far as we could.  We now have a problem, we are not sure if we have the
right charger selected for it.  If anyone else has one and could double
check their charger as described below, that would be helpful to us.

The charger that we think goes to the calculator says 6volt, 1 amp on the
side.  It also says "Egston" on the top of the charger.  It doesnt say Orion
or TI anywhere, but these chargers are often third party items that are not
made by the primary manufacturer.   The charging end that goes into the
calculator is silver with a yellow plastic tip.

If anyone can verify that this description, particularly the voltage and
amperage, is what fits theirs then we will be sure that we wont accidentally
"smoke" this 279 dollar item.

Muchas gracias, Andy Thomas