[blindkid] There are still slots open

Bachicha, Jessica JBachicha at nfb.org
Mon Jun 22 12:56:33 UTC 2009

There's still time to sign up to participate in field testing a new
assessment tool at Convention.  Please contact me this week to reserve a
slot.

Help pave the way to literacy for blind and visually impaired children
throughout the country.

As many of you know, far too many who should be learning Braille from a
young age are not given this opportunity due to poor assessment
practices.

We are looking for blind children and their parents to participate in a
pilot test of a new assessment tool designed to accurately and quickly
determine the best literacy medium for the children being assessed.  You
will have the opportunity to try this new tool and offer your feedback
on Saturday, July 4 between 8:30 and 11:00 A.M. in the Affiliate Action
Suite.  To sign up or to get more information, please call or e-mail me.
(See the bottom of this message for my contact information.)

Join us this Independence Day as we take the next step toward equal
opportunity for blind and visually impaired children.

Jessica Bachicha, Project Coordinator

Department of Affiliate Action

National Federation of the Blind

Tel: (410) 659-9314 ext. 2529