[blindkid] Pre-braille?

Marie Smith empwrn at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 6 15:23:52 UTC 2009

We went to our IEP meeting and the IEP team did not deny Braille
instruction. Instead, they said something about pre-braille but really made
no firm commitment regarding instruction. Somebody PLEASE point me in the
right direction. What are pre-braille skills? It sounds kind of like
pre-literacy like you expose children to letters and stuff but the VI
teacher mentioned something about pre-braille books? What is this?

Marie (mother of Jack, 3 yrs old with Apert Syndrome)
http://www.allaccesspasstojack.blogspot.com
Learn more about Apert Syndrome
http://www.thecraniofacialcenter.org/apert.html
Get information and support at Teeter's page
http://www.apert.org