[blindkid] NBP-Announce: KIDS: Little Bear's Visit in print/braille

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Wed Mar 11 07:56:54 UTC 2009

March 2009 Book Club Selection
Little Bear's Visit
(An I Can Read Book)
By Else Holmelund Minarik
Print/braille edition, $5.00
Ages 5-9

Else Holmelund Minarik's much-loved Little Bear series - with
illustrations by Maurice Sendak - launched the "I Can Read" series.

Little Bear loves to visit Grandmother and Grandfather Bear. He likes
wearing Grandfather's hat, and he likes Grandmother's cooking very, very
much. But most of all, he loves listening to their gentle stories.

This "I Can Read" Book bridges the gap between picture and chapter
books. is a perfect bridge between picture and chapter books. Four short
chapters detail Little Bear's visit and the gentle stories his
grandparents tell him. "Little Bear's Visit" is a classic!

Chapters include:
- Grandmother and Grandfather Bear
- Mother Bear's Robin
- Goblin Story
- Not Tired

A Caldecott Honor Book, and a Notable Children's Book (American Library
Association)

To order or read more about this book online, visit
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC0903-BEAR.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .