[blindkid] Pressure on the school

EMMOL at aol.com EMMOL at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 09:39:45 UTC 2009

Holly,
I was wondering... where in NJ you are located & which school district  you
are in?
Although I live in eastern PA and have had  great deal of  success with our
district (although not every year is easy or perfect), I work  in NJ and have
had many dealing with the Commission, most of them frustrating.  Although I am
a speech pathologist, I am in a small school district in  NJ and wear many
hats, one of which is that I coordinate the I&RS  Team. Having a blind son I have
become the building "expert" on  blindness related issues, so I deal with the
Commission for our Visually  Impaired Student. Carol has been a great
resource for us over the years  regarding our son, who is now in high school, but if
there is some way I might  be of assistance regarding your son in NJ, please
let me know. It seems  like you are on the right path, but it does take a lot
of time and energy  to fight the good fight!
Eileen

Message: 14