[blindkid] To Braille or Not to Braille?

Steve & Karen Leinart s.leinart at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 20:33:08 UTC 2009

Carrie,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply.  I somehow knew what you
would say, but the reasoning and history behind it is very helpful.

Matthew's doing great... can now braille the alphabet and tactually read
over half of it.  His TVI seems quite amazed that he is learning both
print and braille at the same time and not even getting confused.  OK,
I'll try not to smirk.  Of course the job of advocate will go on
forever, and I'm duty-bound to be ever-vigilant... the IEP meeting for
1st grade isn't too far off.

Karen