[blindkid] Pressure on the school/Evaluations

EMMOL at aol.com EMMOL at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 09:47:57 UTC 2009

Holly,
I don't know about the number of requests, but yes, you want to request a
Functional Vision Assessment, a  Learning Media Assessment, and  an O&M
Evaluation.
Are there any speech &/ language concerns? If so, you would want  a
Speech/Language Evaluation.
Are there any fine motor or sensory concerns? If so, you would want an
Occupational Therapy Evaluation
Are there any gross motor concerns? If so, you want a Physical Therapy
Evaluation.
Sorry, if you discussed these other areas previously and I missed it, but  if
he needs the evaluations, request them now. It is easier in the long  run.
My son's initial evaluations were completed by Overbrook School for the
Blind in Philadelphia. We later had some contact with PCO. They seemed
knowledgeable at the time, but we just had one visit/evaluation there  relating to some
possible light perception.
Good luck. Keep us posted.
Eileen