[blindkid] infections

Patricia Renfranz dblair2525 at msn.com
Thu May 28 01:31:28 UTC 2009

My daughter is microphthalmic. When she was younger, she had a lot of
discharge. We chose to have her tear ducts (the ducts that typically drain
the eye through the nose) cleared out by her ophthalmologic plastic surgeon,
the idea being that the ducts were blocked or poorly developed. The surgeon
ran really thin, soft plastic tubing through the ducts, which stayed in
place for a few weeks and were then removed in his office. She has rarely
had discharge issues since.
Hope this helps,
Pat
dblair2525 at msn.com