[blindkid] infections

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu May 28 18:07:58 UTC 2009

Do you try taking the conformers out and cleaning them?  Sometimes they get
even little dust particles that can irritate the eye, especially if she
doesn't blink often.  The drier the eye is, the more discharge will happen.
Mine get especially irritated in the winter when the air is dry and if I sit
in the car in the draft from the vents.
I don't take my eyes out often--or my sons'--but sometimes it does help.
If her eyes are dry, you might want to get clear tears or something of that
sort to moisten them.
If she's good at letting you take them out, give them a rest for the night
and put them in in the morning.  If not, maybe she'll let you put a cold or
warm cloth on them for a few minutes.
Barbara

If wisdom's ways you wisely seek, five things observe with care:  of whom
you speak, to whom you speak, and how and when and where.